New Model Guide
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
September 2018 | by Richard Ha | Photos by Thomas Higgins | Vehicle in photos: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE in Blizzard Pearl
Replacing the 2018 Corolla iM is the all-new redesigned 2019 Corolla Hatchback. Built on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, the Corolla Hatchback combines driving enjoyment and superior efficiency with sporty exterior styling and a premium interior.
New Powertrains, Better Efficiency
A new four-cylinder Dynamic Force engine improves peak horsepower by 31 to 168 and from 125 to 151 lb-ft of torque. It is also more fuel efficient than before for a best-in-class combined 6.7 L per 100 km in the CVT model, better than the Honda Civic Hatchback, Mazda3 Sport, and Volkswagen Golf.
Toyota offers two new transmissions with the Corolla Hatchback. The Direct Shift CVT comes with a sport mode, available paddle shifters, and it’s also the first passenger vehicle CVT in the world with a launch gear for improved efficiency and responsiveness at lower speeds. For drivers who prefer a stickshift, there’s an all-new six-speed intelligent manual with rev-matching control on both downshifts and upshifts.
The Benefits of TNGA
Wider and longer than the iM, the new model boasts an aggressive stance with a 2-cm lower centre of gravity for improved performance and handling. The body is also 60% more rigid than the previous model to optimize stability and ride comfort while minimizing road noise and vibration. With an advanced front strut/rear multi-link suspension, going over potholes and bumps on Alberta’s roads has never been smoother.
The 2019 Corolla Hatchback comes standard with these features and safety equipment:
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with Lane Trace Assist
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection
- Automatic High Beams
- Smart Key System & Push Button Start
- Entune 3.0 Display Audio System with Apple Carplay; 8.0” touchscreen
- LED headlights and taillights
- Automatic climate control
- Backup Camera
The Corolla Hatchback is also offered in four different trim levels. What are the differences?
- The 2019 Corolla Hatchback S offers all standard features listed above, plus
- Power Windows with Auto Up/Down for All Windows
- 60/40 Split Fold-down Rear Seat
- Sport Fabric Seat Material
- 15” Steel Wheels
- The 2019 Corolla Hatchback SE adds
- 16” Alloy Wheels
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Heated Front Seats
- Anti-Theft System
- SE Badging
- Paddle Shifters (CVT only)
- 2019 Corolla Hatchback SE Upgrade Package adds
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 18” Alloy Wheels
- Blind Spot Monitor Safety System
- Qi Wireless Charger
- 2019 Corolla Hatchback XSE (CVT only) adds
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Enhanced Entune 3.0 Premium Audio System with Safety Connect and Embedded Navigation
- Dual Auto Air Conditioning
- Sport Fabric Seat Material with Leatherette Trim
- 8-way Power Adjustable Drivers Seat
- LED Fog Lamps
- 7-inch Digital Multi Information Display
Enhance your Corolla Hatchback with these available accessories:
- Rear Spoiler
- Toyota Genuine Dash Camera
- Roof Rack
- START+ Remote Engine Starter
- Block Heater
- Body Side Mouldings
- Hood Deflector
- Cargo Liner
has put over 50,000 happy Toyota owners on the road since 1968, and is celebrating its 50th anniversary as Western Canada’s original Toyota dealer.
- Rated 4.7 on both Google and DealerRater with over 1,600 authentic reviews.
- 6-time Consumer Choice Award winner in Southern Alberta since 2013.
- 2018 DealerRater Consumer Satisfaction Award.
- No-pressure shopping; our product specialists are not on commission to serve you better.
- 7-day/1,000 km Exchange Guarantee on our Certified & Advantage Pre-Owned vehicles.
- All-in pricing, no hidden fees; just add GST.