The Best Alternative to Car2Go, CTrain & Calgary Transit
Calgary has not been kind this year to the popular carshare company, Car2Go, as well as Calgary Transit and CTrain.
”City hall unable to persuade Car2Go to remain in Calgary” – CBC News
”Car2go pulling out of Calgary, other North American cities” – Global News
”Calgary Transit cuts service and mayor hopes more cuts aren’t coming” – CBC News
”Calgary CTrain and bus service changes now in effect after budget cuts” – Global News
With news like this, commuters who rely on Car2Go and Calgary Transit are looking to alternatives that won’t break the bank.
Let’s take a look at what Car2Go costs to use in Calgary:
||2 days||3 days|
|smart||$0.32 – $0.42||$15.99 – $19.99||$35.99 – $44.99||$49.99 – $59.99||$69.99 – $89.99||$99.99 – $119.99||$149.99 – $189.99|
|Mercedes-Benz||$0.39 – $0.49||$19.99 – $24.99||$45.99 – $59.99||$69.99 – $89.99||$99.99 – $119.99||$179.99 – $229.99||$249.99 – $309.99|
Additional costs include sign-up fees, driver protection fees, reservation extension fees, and fees for exceeding the allotted mileage on your trip.
Calgary Transit adult monthly passes cost $106. However, with numerous reductions to bus and CTrain service, riders are now paying the same price for less frequent service.
Calgarians are now considering the pros and cons of car ownership and leasing.
Leasing a vehicle comes with a low weekly or bi-weekly payment and added ”go-anywhere-anytime” convenience. No need to stress out about returning your Car2Go to the designated Calgary service area. No need to wait out in the cold for a bus or train that now comes less frequently. With payments as low as $57 a week on a Corolla, the cost is comparable to a couple 3-hour trips on Car2Go.
Scroll down to take a look at the most attractive offers for carsharing and transit users looking for a replacement.
Not in the market right now but know someone who is considering? Learn about the $300 Referral Program.
- Lease a 2019 Yaris Hatchback 5-dr LE (Stock #177359) for just $54 a week @ 2.39% on a 64-month lease. That’s $1,162 in Heninger Savings†.
- All-New 2020 Toyota Corolla L CVT (Stock #178151) for just $57 a week @ 2.69% on a 64-month lease. That’s $2,188 in Heninger Savings†.
- A 2019 Prius c Upgrade Package (#178269) for just $69 a week @ 2.49% on a 64-month lease. That’s $921 in Heninger Savings†.
- 2019 RAV4 FWD LE (Stock #177353) for just $73 a week @ 3.49% on a 64-month lease. That’s $2,816 in Heninger Savings†
- 2019 Toyota RAV4 AWD LE (Stock #178434) for just $84 a week @ 4.49% on a 64-month lease. That’s $2,516 in Heninger Savings†
- Get a 2019 Camry SE Upgrade Package (Stock #176822) for just $81 a week @ 1.49% on a 64-month lease. That’s $2,037 in Heninger Savings†.
*All offers on approved credit only, select new Toyota vehicles only. Prices advertised only for advertised stock #. Images of vehicles are for illustration purposes only, actual vehicle may vary. † Cash back/rebate is only eligible with cash purchase and cannot be combined with lease/finance offers. ‡ Due at signing: Corolla L $3,076.87, Yaris $3,074.25, Prius c $3,088.73, Camry $5,601.61, RAV4 FWD $5,592.60, RAV4 AWD $5,604.12. Payments with $0 cash down are also available.
AMVIC licensed dealer.